I have a confession to make.
I got SUCKED in by the name and character content of a movie this weekend.
Just like when the serpent twisted God’s words to Eve, we have to be on guard all the time. This is a reminder to test all things, especially entertainment.
In our house, we practically never go to movies and we are usually pretty guarded about what we take in internet, music and movie-wise.
I went with some sweet ladies from church. It was fun. We chit-chatted about the snowy spring day, settled into our seats and ate some snacks. And after the movie was over we all took off in different directions.
For me it was dinner, laundry, doctoring a sick dog and all of that.
You know, it was a typical weekend afternoon, probably much like everyone has.
Test All Things – Especially Entertainment
I do remember a couple of things about the movie that struck me as ‘off’, but I never really had the time to sit down and process it. Now, I know when I get that prompting, the Holy Spirit is telling me something.
- One was where the movie Jesus tells the disciples to “change the world. Jesus didn’t say that. Biblical Jesus DID NOT come to “change the world” but to save the world (John 12:47, John 13:17) and He told His disciples to go into all the world and preach the gospel (Mark 16:15).
- The other was the scene where Mary, Jesus’ mother cradled His body after it was taken down from the cross. The movie ‘hung’ on that scene for quite some time, and went back to that scene and again paused an unusually long time. It reminded me of the Michelangelo Pieta sculpture at the Vatican. Is this movie produced by the Roman Catholics, I wondered??
Like I said, I got busy and never took the time to sit down and process that Holy Spirit prompting. Totally my fault.
I knew the points I outlined above, but never took the time to think about the bigger picture that God was showing me, until I found the following post this morning.
***This might not be very endearing to myself but I feel like I need to share this.
2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that comes preaches ANOTHER JESUS, whom we have not preached, or if you receive another spirit, which you have not received, or another gospel, which you have not accepted, you might well bear with him.
In Light of the EPIC movie Son of God, BEWARE. There IS another Jesus. There is a Biblical Jesus (The Word become Flesh) and one that is UN-biblical, that is quoted as say things NOT in the bible. IE “lets Change the World”
Where oh where does scripture show that The Biblical Jesus told us to “change the world?” So Son of God must be speaking of???? Another Jesus!!!
See the full post at GotChristianity.com
Latest posts by Pam (see all)
- Christ’s Resurrection Victory - March 29, 2016
- Salvation Through Christ – Part 4 – What We Get - April 27, 2015
- Salvation Through Christ – Part 3 – What We Give Up - March 16, 2015